View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 15:17   #6
Matrix
Administrator

Killer got eliminated on new year's eve, the poor bloke. According him his starting position left him no choice but to try an early war, but that backfired.

Now back to my realm, which is doing quite amazingly, if I may say so myself. I built the pyramids before I could really put it to use. But thanks to that, I got a great engineer exactly on the same turn as literature was invented. The earlier I have the great library, the earlier I get +12 science per turn, so there was little contemplation required on how to use that great engineer. Besides, with marble in my territory I have a good shot as the mausoleum of Mausollos as well, so it might be good to postpone golden ages until then.

Meanwhile Beorn deployed two axemen next to Phrygian, the barbarian city in the north. He asked for open borders earlier, which I refused, because he was nowhere in sight yet. He understood, then a few turns later he offered open borders again. I assumed I must've been very close to him, so I accepted. But no, still no sight of Beorn's land. I'll avoid contact with him and take Phrygian by force by surprise if he keeps it. Although it probably won't be much of a surprise.

The shape of the continent is funny. I can also see some coast west of Phrygian, so if I build a city on the tip, I should be able to hop to the next island or continent without needing astronomy.