View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 19:08   #39
Matrix
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
What screen resolution and settings did you use for your screenshots? I keep cropping with win+shift+s screenshots, but I like yours better.
I switched to windowed screen and then changed the resolution to 1024x768 or 1280x800. It's a bit of a hassle...

Quote:
That explains the castles everywhere. I thought it was WAY overkill but I get it, they were dirt cheap.
Not overkill. A castle also gives an extra trade route and +25% espionage, so it was definitely worth it!

Quote:
SoZ did hurt me pretty bad, with 8-9 in large cities.

Quote:
Had I not botched the first 2 offensives on Goon/Strastad, I'd have had 4 more turns of GA, switched back to representation and been halfway to Assembly Line by now for factories and infantry.
I'm not too sure if you could've gotten there that much faster really. You were stretching it a bit too thin perhaps. And yes, I was expecting Infantry wouldn't take too long.

Quote:
Great game, solid resistance in the end . The geopolitics of who attacks what and when really makes this a whole other beast. I did exploit rep to the fullest, but without it, I'd have been a poorer Mali. Had Killer taken a stab at me early he might have won it all, but you might have swiped it all from under his feet. Had you taken my mining expansion to the NE earlier, then I wouldn't have attacked you but rather gone for Mongolia and bid my time until

Really exciting, and my hats off to you all, and especially you two.
Yep, good game. I learned something entirely new when I saw you skyrocketing in GNP. As in how useful the representation civic can be. It's not an exploit. But it does make the pyramids much more powerful!