View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 19:28   #37
Beorn
Disabled Vet

What screen resolution and settings did you use for your screenshots? I keep cropping with win+shift+s screenshots, but I like yours better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
It's random. And yea, later on I realised we used to let other people make the map. We'll see how this unfolds.

Those two have been very curt in their replies. I suspect collaboration.
How foreshadowing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbaman View Post
This will probably end well

Quote:
So here is our continent. Hmm, who to attack first? I'd like to eliminate jakeri, because he's not been playing his turns regularly and thus slowing down the game.

Quote:
You might notice the wounded archer in my land. There was a barbarian uprise: five axemen. But I fended them off without casualties.
And to insinuate that french axes are barbarians has me highly offended.
Quote:

Yikes, look at Beorn!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbaman View Post
What could possibly go wrong!
Nothing could go wrong. Nothing, I assure you.
Quote:
Anyway, here are the essential screenshots. I built some Rathäuser already. Now I'm building castles, as you can see, with +225% production (25% from forge, 100% from stone, 100% from protective trait).
That explains the castles everywhere. I thought it was WAY overkill but I get it, they were dirt cheap.
Quote:
By the way, Jeke told me yesterday that he suspects Beorn of planning an attack against him.
How could I not! Look at all that silk!
Quote:
The Statue of Zeus might do some bad stuff as well.

But all in all, it's a completely futile endeavour. Beorn will have rifling in a few turns and there is still no way for me to stop him. Again, his cannons are simply too strong.
SoZ did hurt me pretty bad, with 8-9 in large cities.

Had I not botched the first 2 offensives on Goon/Strastad, I'd have had 4 more turns of GA, switched back to representation and been halfway to Assembly Line by now for factories and infantry.

Great game, solid resistance in the end . The geopolitics of who attacks what and when really makes this a whole other beast. I did exploit rep to the fullest, but without it, I'd have been a poorer Mali. Had Killer taken a stab at me early he might have won it all, but you might have swiped it all from under his feet. Had you taken my mining expansion to the NE earlier, then I wouldn't have attacked you but rather gone for Mongolia and bid my time until

Really exciting, and my hats off to you all, and especially you two.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote