View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 10:50   #17
Furiey
King

When I was at school, creationism (we didn't have the term ID back then) was taught as part of religious education, which in my day was basically Christian Bible studies as different religious beliefs didn't get a look in until around the age of 13. It was also taught if you went to Sunday School or the wednesday evening classes at the local church (which I did). I went to a church school in my younger years so learnt about creationism before I learnt about the theory of evolution, but it was never presented as science, it was always presented as this is what we believe as Christians.

I'm happy for Creationism to be taught as belief, it worries me a lot when people try to class it as a science and present it alongside scientific theories which are based on logic. It is a completely different process, a belief does not have to be justified with facts, it just is. Perhaps us Europeans look back to the days when religion did hold sway in Europe, stifling research that didn't fit in with the religious beliefs of the day. The earth went round the sun?

Hmmm, I think I just rambled on when I could have said I agree with the above post.
Furiey is offline   Reply With Quote