View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 03:44   #22
WackenOpenAir

Obviously, i am strong now compared to him.
This should be a pretty devastating blow to KC.

I already had a stronger empire with my pyramids and commercial trade, now he is suffering heavy WW. The WW makes 9 citizens uphappy in each of his size 12 cities. This is unaffordable for sure. His only real option is to swich for Monarchy right now and hope he can someday catch up. If he does not swicht to monarchy, he will be unable to do any significant research, it will even be difficult for him to research communism.

So let's assume he does swich to Monarchy, he loses another 6 or so turns on anarchy, together with the 8 turns he spent on optional techs, that makes a 14 turn loss. I was behind 3 and am gonna research an optional mysef, so that leaves me with a 7 turn tech lead.

Now unit support will be less of a problem for him. But still, my republic, certainly with stronger empire, should outresearch him quite a bit. He then has the option to invite me to attack him, trying to get the WW on me as well. ("If you attack me now and take 2 cities, it's game over") Since he is then monarch and i still republic, efficiency is not so important for him anymore as it is to me, if he just gets the WW on me, or at least has enough units to force me to have those as well, so that i pay heavy unit support.

I will simply follow my path to research MT and upgrade my mounties to cavalry. I am not yet sure how weakened he is and what he will do. If i feel he is really very weak, i may research navigation and attack him with cavalry. However, that will take about 10 turns to research both and if the attack fails, i dug myself the same hole he just did. So i will only attack if i feel rather sure the game is gonna end right there. If i do not decide to attack, i will just keep some cavs around to keep him at bay and race for Industrial age. I guess he who gets flight first with more than very few turns difference wins the game.

Hopefully i will be able to combine first to bombers with getting ToE and hooverdam. If he is gonna send me more boats, i may also see if i can take ironclads.
WackenOpenAir is offline   Reply With Quote