View Single Post
Old 27-11-2007, 13:42   #144
Stapel
Emperor

A crea-evo thread at CDZ....., and I missed it.

My 2 cents:
Creationism and evolution are not contradictive. It is, in fact, quite ridiculous to debate the two in one topic, imho.

Creationism is a religious belief. I don't believe in any gods, so I pretty much think any idea our universe was created by one or more gods are nonsense, if not ridiculous. However, I think parents have the right to send kids to religious schools. I find it dumb, stupid, weird and consider it wrong for the education of their children, but nevertheless, it is a right.

ToE is a scientific theory. It has flaws, but also some solid proven features. It is the only scientific plausibel theory of the origion of our world, we have. Therefor, it should be taught to all.

Anyway:
If the ToE will be proven COMPLETELY wrong tomorrow, I still see no reason to adopt the (imho ridiculous) creationism 'theory'.
If the existence of any gods will be COMPLETELY proven tomorrow, I see no reason to debunk the ToE.

A last comment: when people think the world is 6000 years old, there must be something that blinds them for solid scientific proof.

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote