View Single Post
Old 23-05-2004, 14:03   #1
Kingreno

Default KoD Tourny, re-animation attempt!

Hi!

After a heavy drinkingsession with PP last evening, we expanded on some thoughts about C3C and CDZ. One of the things that came up is the fact that for some players PBEM is not as exiting as it was in the past. In general, spoilers are less active and the "new" is off. That is a natural process.
Some years ago, when I was playing 7k2, there was a similar problem. I, and some forgotten others, came up with the idea to bring together two games, in that time 7k and Risk (the board game). The "new" game was still fundamentily the same as 7k, with the addition that besides the normal ways to achieve victory, each player got a special assignment. Where Risk gives you for example an assignement like "conquer Asia and South America", we came up with assignments for 7k. And you get it: Why not try this with Civ??
PP and me though it would give PBEM and KoD (and especially multi human games) an extra very fun dimension. It would make new diplomatic options very much possible, and needed! There is of course a very thin line called balance but I seriously believe it can be done. Think for example of the missions: Conquer 5 ancient age wonders or get 3 cities with 5000 culture. It would take some time through testing as to balance these missions, it can be done! And also, in multi human games, the MapMaker can make all special assignments public, so players know which assigments are in the game, but do not know who has what mission! This could in turn lead to alliances to break someones attempt!
For now, I have a Single Player Challenge:

Version:C3C 1.22
Civ: Egypt
Map: Standard, Deity, 7 Rivals, Sedentary Barbs, Pangea!

Special victory condition!: Conquer (or build!) the Pyramids and two other wonders by choice (small or large, Palace does not count) in one of your cities.
Earliest Date wins!
If you belive any other normal winning condition can be achieved sooner, that is also ok!

For people who fear Deity: The Special Vic Condition allows for some extreme play. Remember that you Can lose your core, as long as your Sod is heading for the Pyramids.

The Save:

Download Attachment: [img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] KoD2start4000BC.SAV
43.81KB