View Single Post
Old 21-08-2019, 14:20   #60
Beorn
Disabled Vet

I used to watch Killer's galleys like a hawk so as to know when spies come in, that I may counter-espionage them. Then again, he and Matrix don't need to ferry spies by boat: I have a friggin colony on their turf. So for all I know, they've got people walking all over there. Oh well.

Either way, Killer built up a navy. He didn't move alone against opponents 2/3 his size, he won't move alone against a target twice as big. I'll shore up my defenses in the big military factory. The rest isn't so profitable that I need to keep it.

Mongolia is the first to research Compass. Next up is caravels, I guess? And the guy was worried about ProPain but instead of building up economy (no calendar for spice!!!!!) or troops (no CS, construction or feudalism!!!!!), he goes out at sea?

Mali wants to stay in the game and observe. Taking him as a peace vassal without bloodshed, as he suggested, would be massively unfair to the other players. Besides, I want his capital for Solomon and Sistine.

So far, he has agreed to a "pistols at noon" cowboy scenario: we go all out on his turf at one location. I trade a 3-city isolated colony to him for all of his mainland save the capital then declare war. It's more convenient that way. He gets relocated to a small rock, I get Mali. Sounds good. I might wait a couple extra turns to get cannons and make it a 1-turn affair. And if he wishes to deviate, I'll just go to town with a good ol' genocide.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park

Last edited by Beorn; 21-08-2019 at 14:23.
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote