View Single Post
Old 27-01-2004, 09:37   #3
col
King

Following a similar route. Rapid initial expansion, discovered lots of lovely iron and lux to trade later. Carracks crossed the gap following the sea tiles and explored the other contintent. Things going smoothly and col pats himself on the back and says how well he is playing when ...

the germans attack without warning. A shitload, possibly even two shitloads of archers attack us from the west. I've been neglecting my military and have lots of workers and settlers and a few warriors to kepp peace. We lose two cities in the west.

Rapid change of plan. We buy off the Germans and build up swords, spears and cats. We divide these into two stacks and head west, recapturing our lost cities, one of which decides to raze itself instead of welcoming our forces, and we decide to push on to Berlin. We are now in full military mode. Sadly for them the Germans dont seem to have iron and are no match for our swords one on one. The fight for berlin begins tonight. It would be nice to secure the back door.

I have a secret ambition to try and win this one by space without doing any research, by becoming an economic powerhouse. But first, we fight for the right.