View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 01:26   #2
Beorn
Disabled Vet

First civ met: Persia

I had popped BW from a hut while fishing for Warrior Code. I guess I just don't play EXP often enough to know the order of hut popping. WC would have been a universal monopoly, here BW was known by 2 already.

Sooooooooo we agreed to trade my Pots-Alpha-Writing-Philo-Freebie for his IW-Mas-Math-MA Freebie. I really like the MA Freebie part.

He got some bad luck with barbs really early and lost his worker. He will recover, being IND and all, but it still is a pain. He's got a settler out right now, us 3 others have a 2nd city up. All 2nd cities were found on the same turn, though I pulled my settler earlier and settled closer. This way I get less corruption in Beaver, a fast and furious 5 food 5 shields worker spam plus chop for granary.

My capital will thus get low tier tiles - probably will end up as a strict settler or worker pump forever until I can pul 3 out, join them on the same turn and get a super commerce city with a buttload of coast.

At that point, Beaver will become a 1-turn worker pump, pretty much forever.

I don't know what it will actually mean on the South side, if the continent does connect over the North Pole, but it means we have very clear borders from the get go: the green zone, where settling is first-come/first-served, is 2 tiles high on its peak grid and 1 tile only on the off-grid.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote