View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 00:56   #45
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Ain't she a beaut!

105 BPT, 129 GPP. I can run a 0% idle economy like that for a while and bulb Astronomy, Gunpowder, Engineering and Steel on the double.

One of them has reached a GNP of 171, which is half my GNP @100% science rate. In that sense, the game is mine to lose, now. One of them caught up in raw hammers while a) my capital dropped to none and b) Moai is 1 turn from completion. So that, too, is in the pocket.

3 caravels are sent to explore the oceans, with 2 explorers aboard.

Notice another decisive victory by Propain over Portugal. Herwood has fallen from #2 to #8 in a stunning upset after having grabbed CoL+Philo early - which gave him a solid lead on the Finn continent. Perhaps this inflated his score beyond his actual power and painted a target on his back. Does that remind you of anyone?

Silver is almost connected but my defenders have yet to arrive on site. It'll be a tense 3 turns while Matrix has a chariot parked on the border and that archer has yet to spawn. Once reinforcements arrive, it'll be better.

Should I not have built that archer first instead of a granary? Well sure. But those are expensive colonies to maintain. So: double or nothing.

With silver connecting in the next turn or 2 and a lightbulbing of Astro coming right behind to secure the trade route, I'll take the risk of him capturing everything rather than delay growth and profitability.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote