View Single Post
Old 17-10-2011, 14:51   #63
Mistfit
King

Okay, I think I have come up with a long term plan. That is if you consider 5-6 seasons long term I suppose. This plan takes into consideration the new loyalty bonus and need for multi skilled players and salary conservation.

Long term the plan consists of having 10 trainees total and training 7 weeks DEF and 7 weeks PM per season with passing in the off season. Each week I will look at what I will need to win and decide on the training for that week. If I need more PM I will train that for the week. If I need more DEF I will train that. Then I will just put my best 5 of that type of player in the correct spots for that week and play the other 5 on the friendly. I will only need my keeper (which I am training now) a emergency keeper (likely very poor) and 3 forwards for my whole team. I figure if a DEF gets injured I can always pull up my keeper for the friendly spot and if a PM gets injured I can pull a Forward into a spot to help train TDF. If multiple get injured I can try my hand at skill trading for the spot.

Stage One: Now until Week 11 of next season
Training: Keeper

Q. Link 18 yrs 29 days
Keeper: Formid + .98
Defending: Poor
US player

V. Kovalchuk
Keeper: Excellent
Defending: Poor
foreign player

Link will be at Magnificent (12.58) and I will keep him on as my keeper
Kova should (hopefully) be at magnificent and I will sell him to buy my trainees and other players for my squad. $1.8 - $2 million USD

From week 10 of next season to the 1st week of the following season I have 6 players I will pull from my youth squad. Some of them are rather mediocre but with the training speeds the way they are I will just deal with it to garner the 20% wage discount and the 1.5 per skill boost to make up for some of that.

I will need to buy 4 additional players with the monies I have gained from selling my second keeper. These will be defenders as the majority of the players I have in my YA are more suited to PM than DEF.

Once this gets into full effect I should gain about one level of skill on all of my players in both skills (DEF and PM) per season.

So this means at the end of 5 seasons (when they hit 21) I should have 5 pm at Brilliant/Magnificent and 5 Defenders at the same. Many of which will have the full 1.5 skill bonus. They should all have around excellent passing at that point too (dependent upon starting skills of course)

At this point I will decide if I want to do another season to bring them to WC or make the decision to move to wing or forward training or even a season or 2 of passing dependent upon where I am at by then (I hope DIV IV or close to it). Wing might be better as I could train 4 of my current players in those spots and just buy 4 more for profits.

My only income will be from Matches and YA prospects I will be getting along the way but I hope my team will be affordable as 60% will be home grown and the others I hope to try and get from the US.

Well that was rather long winded but it is my plan and unless you guys can show me some serious faults with it I think I shall give it a go.