View Single Post
Old 23-09-2019, 00:35   #76
Beorn
Disabled Vet

First, the bad news: on a very tired late night I got cocky, overextended and upgraded the wrong unit to rifleman in Beca. Lost it along with a lot of my army. HUGE losses in my unit count.

That being said, I reinforce faster and with stronger units than His Imperial Holiness Matrix. Killer has been gifting most of his fresh military production as gifts too ... I may not be reinforcing faster than BOTH of them though

So as Karl Marx used to say: "Seize the means of production!"

And the plotting began.

Killer would receive a full landing of the Malinese army.

Ynnek and Akkad are greatly undermanned:

The frontline on the turn I realized I fucked everything up and lost my army in a stupid Napoleon-in-Russia replay:

Dur-Kuri only had a spear and could be grabbed by amphibious macemen

The front door has several musketeer, nothing I can't handle

And it seems both might be working towards cannons, or maybe grenadiers

So, Herr Killer, we are at war.

2 for 2, barely a scratch. Odds were really bad for capturing his capital amphibiously (not all boats could reach) so everyone gathered at the same woods LZ

His muskets have speed, mine have pinch. I like my chances. The very first cannon shot, without bombardment, would go at 47% odds and the CR2 rifleman is just a big cheater.

Dur-Kuri and Beca were reinforced just in time: they'll have to take turns.

So last turn was disastrous and I lost the remaining of my first Holy Roman Taskforce. This turn I took Goon back, for keeps ; claimed 2 of Killer's gold-rich expansions, stole his best seaport and positioned myself to strike at the heart of his empire with a fresh, complete army of units that out-tech his. Last but not least: 4 turns to go before cavalry.

Their move.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park

Last edited by Beorn; 23-09-2019 at 00:40.
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote