View Single Post
Old 27-05-2005, 00:40   #10
grahamiam
Emperor

we have settled down into a bit of a race. I am trying to get to astronomy as fast as possible (thus negating his GLight advantage), while he is trying to build-up a force to squash me.

It's turn 143 and it's not pretty. Akots leads me in everything except research. His lead is probably due to superior FP placement, which he rushed via an MGL. I handbuilt my in Pas, 4T from the capitol. Not ideal, but is was the 2nd best town and the only one that could handbuild it in time due to the corruption of a small map.

I'm 5T from Astro, Sun's prebuild is for Copernicus (screwed myself out of 100s on that one ). Plan on running up the lower side of the tech tree once astronomy is done, so I can get some muskets for a landing of my own.

I have 14 units + 1 defender around Sardis, which is the town he is currently threatening (7 galleys in range). I'm not using a coastal block down here, as it would be to my advantage if he landed so far from the core. If not, then I have 2 galleys to pick off his galley pack and can sprint 2 knights and 7 immortals back to my core. I have a total of 34 immortals 3 pikes, 10 galleys, and 3 knights for defense of the homeland.

grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote