View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 18:57   #36
Beorn
Disabled Vet

T180, 1200 AD

Didn't do take in the way of screenshots: Matrix used his AP to stop the war. My chances look better and better as Stapel's lands begin to flourish.

It's been a quiet, yet tense, 8 turns. I still don't know where Ynnek is at. Matrix has spies on my army and wants me to move north. I'm waiting for Ynnek to make his move either way, and having a diplomatic cold war with Matrix meanwhile. Waiting for Ynnek is not usually what you want to do, but hey, he holds the balance of power.

If he does nothing, he has no chance of getting anywhere. If he attacks me, I'm confident I can take him on but then Matrix wins the south (I probably would be ok). If he attacks Matrix by sea, he loses everything in transit. So he needs to bring his troops home and (hopefully) join me in destroying Matrix.

So we wait and build up. Haven't had a wonder payday for a while. The next ones should net us liberalism + printing press, and send us on our way towards cannons and/or astronomy. We'll see how the war(s) go(es).
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote