View Single Post
Old 28-02-2020, 16:28   #34
Beorn
Disabled Vet

T168, 1080 AD

Even after the RNG wiped him out at Stapelburg, barely 10 turns passed and Matrix has a larger force than mine with all the perks of castles and short supply lines. I can't keep this up.

His northern end is very weak and Ynnek doesn't seem to want to take advantage of it. Too slow on the trigger? Doubting himself? Honoring a cease fire turn count?

Whatever it is, I wish he had acted sooner and more forcefully. His military numbers are very high, close to Matrix and mine. If he launches, we may still have a shot. But he needs to go quickly.

My fleet is gone. My spies are gone. I can take Matrix on an open field in home soil, or in his forests maybe. I'll need trebs and muskets to do better than that and it would be a bloody hell. Liberalism > Cannons seems like my best option to fight him off properly. But he just might beat me to that as well.

On the bright side, I control larger and better lands now, all in all. The peaceful development route has become a legitimate option again. But that would leave Ynnek in the dust, which bothers me. He really needs to act.

Other options include pulling a Stapel (overtaking Ynnek for "free" while he harrasses Matrix), shaking hands with Matrix and calling it a day (which he may be inclined to do right now), throwing myself at him (YOLO) and hoping he exposes himself attacking me again (I wish).
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote