View Single Post
Old 22-01-2020, 14:00   #25
Beorn
Disabled Vet

T115, 250 AD

Diplo update.

We're now down to 3rd place, behind Matrix and BrunchTime the greek who has completed the Temple of Artemis. That's a sweet, sweet 1000 gold in our pockets from wonder fail gold.

Ynnek has made it easy for me to go out to Matrix's lands and he will start pumping out catapults shortly. Having 2 low-food expansions initially hampered his development but he's coming around well.

Matrix held me off long enough to get triremes into play. With the initial axe team dead, and with seas becoming perilous, I have chosen a strategic withdrawal. We'll go the long way around. This has been precipitated by:

Stapel, who wasn't quite playing both sides, but he was wishy-washy and/or stalling for someone to grow weak enough. I wished for an alliance to stifle Matrix now. He considered that an unreasonable demand. Things get lost in translation, no hard feelings, not my first choice, but we need to grow. Since he won't join, he has to go.

The fireworks begin in 5 turns @Flintoff, the ivory city. The long way 'round it is, through the byzantines.

Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park

Last edited by Beorn; 25-01-2020 at 13:24.
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote