View Single Post
Old 29-12-2019, 23:04   #17
Beorn
Disabled Vet

T95, 500 BC

We have confirmation that continents are split 4:3, with Killer on his way to the grave, making it a 4:2 split. ProPain has now captured his outer city. Long-term plan: get a Great Spy over there on a caravel. I'll start working on one in short order.

Ynnek is out of pocket for a bit so things will slow down. Our partnership is going great, with both of us doing a bit more than would be 'reasonably curteous'. Among other things, I'll clear a city near Matrix for him, spread my religion over and give him iron when connected, while he informed me I did have iron, has sent gold ahead of time and conceded future rights towards the gems city.

Matrix has a size-10 capital with Pyramids, Great Wall and Stonehenge. Talk about flaunting his stone ; Stonehenge is of absolutely no use to him, he only got it to deny others just-in-case. With religions, Stapel and I have little use for it and no stone to build with - so I guess it could be seen as the first intercontinental offensive action.

Stapel made at least 1 more worker, which is good. He needs a healthier workforce if he is to ever build ToA and give me a good wonderbread payday. Artemis is at 550 hammers accumulated so far. Our Oracle money is all but gone by now, falling 1 turn short of yielding 100% research through Mono+Math+Calendar+IW.

Don't sell the bear's hide before killing it, as we say, but I foresee a future where Matrix tries to play ynnek against me and/or where I ram through Stapel with elephants and catapults while riding the $ wave of ToA fail gold + conquest bounty. Unfortunately, Stapel will go into the grinder either way: his mass religion tech path, combined with under-worked, far-away expansions, left him far behind the pack.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park

Last edited by Beorn; 29-12-2019 at 23:06.
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote