View Single Post
Old 22-01-2006, 17:44   #6
Whomp
King

Matrix--Tubby and I started a PBEM but got sidetracked by pitboss. The pitboss game was AW with 4 civs with one AI partnered with us. It was a lot of fun. We were able to finish in two sessions when I resigned last night. I made some blunderous mistakes but the lessons learned were huge.
Lessons learned...
--I took Moscow from the AI but didn't raze it. It was too hard to defend based on distance and Tubby attacked the city with axemen and Jags are no match for axemen attacking a city. Very different when the Jags were on forest tiles.
--Forest chops are huge for cranking out either workers, units or settlers.
--Happiness was a major issue for me but not Tubby who researched religion.
--Forests and forest hills are nearly impossible to attack. Woodsman I and II were very powerful in this game.
--Hook up your iron or copper. I totally spaced out and didn't road my iron. Huge blunder. Tubby chopped axemen and eventually took over Moscow.
--Research path. The frontline techs are important. Getting the ag, military and it seems religious techs were huge. I went for metal casing to get forges and because of the research time it set me back big time. As a note, the AI partner can be told what to research. When you are both researching the same tech the research time is cut in half. It may have made more sense to have my partner to research something different since metal casing was a long cycle even with both of us researching.

I must say pitboss is pretty cool for session play but really didn't seem good for PBEM like spoilers unless we took a break.