View Single Post
Old 19-04-2004, 23:45   #4
Grille

Thanks.
About the commercial trait ():
Note that I did not have any 'cities', but maybe I got one or another beaker that would have been lost to corruption otherwise.

In turn 54, I noticed that one of those nasty barb camps vanished 'by magic', so another civ must have done the job. Weird, because it was in the FOW all the time. I think I never had something like that before and I *know* that e.g. huts could appear to be 'visible' under the FOW although they might have been popped for ages. Also, the other way round, really existing camps are not necessarily seen (unless you trade for a map or visit the place directly).
Conclusion: known (existing) Barb camps under the FOW that get destroyed by another civ are removed from your map, no matter what.

So I moved a warrior onto a mountain to get an overview and indeed, I met the Arabs.

24.13*KB

One turn later, an exploring curragh met the Greeks.
My first contacts. In turn54/55... Seems like my Iros invented the 'smoking telephone' rather late!
I opened an embassy in Mecca and -of course- the Greeks already knew the Arabs.
Anyways, I traded philo and CoL to Arabia.
I then traded away writing plus CoL/philo/maths (the latter was just received from Arabia) to the Greeks.
In total, I got some gold, masonry, BW, WC, Wheel, maths.
I can now see horsies and I already have an unconnected source in my territory.
The Arabs (btw, they're the score leaders atm) have HBR, but I'd like to delay trading for it.
Compared to Arabia and Greece, I'm ahead by 1 in city count (I have 7 in total IIRC). Comparison of F8, F11 and score suggests that Sky is #1 civ in most important areas, but I could e.g. reach #1 in MFG if I mm'ed some working tiles.