View Single Post
Old 14-04-2008, 16:05   #5
Shabbaman
Administrator

Some of what I'm about to say regarding a spambot's crusades is so childishly simple, I fear it may be patronizing to explain; I apologize in advance. Let me preface my discussion by quickly reasserting a familiar theme of my previous letters: We were put on this planet to be active, to struggle, and to keep our priorities in check. We were not put here to pit the haves against the have-nots, as a spambot might feel. Ask a spambot about any of its cohorts who form the association in the public's mind between any analects a spambot disagrees with and the ideas of hate and violence and illegality, and the pudibund weasel will say, "I never meant they should go that far." Yeah, right. The truth is that there are two related questions in this matter. The first is to what extent a spambot has tried to leave behind a wake of spineless reaction. The other is whether or not by refusing to act, by refusing to dispense justice, we are giving a spambot the power to put the gods of heaven into the corner as obsolete and outmoded and, in their stead, burn incense to the idol Mammon. A spambot would feel an intense schadenfreude if its announcements made me fall prey to a spambot's rhetoric and obfuscation. Do give that some thought.