View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 15:06   #16
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tribute on CFC
Wow!!! Very interesting. Though one thing bothers me (in most games involving diplomacy too). The veterans never seem to get attacked early on. Then they build up steam and are undefeatable.... Of course, taking over all of Spain helped too.

Why can't people be annoying and spark early golden ages for their enemies? Oh, you choose Sumeria? I waste 10 shields to waste a future 300 shields and 300 commerce of yours. (And if I beat your Enkidu, I raze the town you were defending.) Though I think that does warrant a dogpile if the victim is aggravated sufficiently. I can think of some very interesting scenarios at this point.
The early GA trigger did happen for SW: in one of his skirmishes with Germany, he had a warrior impale himself on a hoplite IIRC. The reason we didn't go to war early could be found in the first part of the spoiler: http://civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4004

We struck up a tech deal really early and made it profitable for the both of us. I took over Spain and on his side, Germany wasn't much of a threat whatsoever - Praetorian, well, sucked. He expanded all he wanted and so did I.

The major difference between 1v1 and Free For All (FFA) is that in 1v1 you watch your one opponent very closely for the first occasion to backstab, whereas in FFA you try to become very big with one or two other civs and then dispatch of the lesser ones. This way it becomes a 1 in 2 or 3 chance instead of one in 5 or 6 for you to win.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote