View Single Post
Old 01-11-2003, 23:31   #1
Matrix
Administrator

Default A funny idea (perhaps a suggestion)

I've been thinking, I like multiplayer with Civ3 very much. And I multiplayer with more than one opponent even better. (One could say that the fun is proportional to the number of opponents.) Yet with PBEM it goes too slowly, and with turn based one is wasting time. (And I'm not considering simultaneous moves - that's just not Civ anymore...)

The ideal solution would be: eight people/players hiring a cottage, each one bringing along his/her computer, install a LAN and start playing. Not only will the game go as fast as possible, but you will also have social fun, especially when the game is further ahead.

When you're behind your computer alone it's not doable having to wait such a long time and having to pay attention when that's necessary (like when someone's attacking).

I have five friends-for-life, but none of them like Civ3 much. And even then, who'd want to use(/spoil) his holiday for playing Civ3? Therefore I say this is not a suggestion. I merely wanted to share this crazy idea I've had in my mind for a long time.