View Single Post
Old 27-06-2004, 01:10   #24
Grille

Thanks!

The ahead-sailing single galley (load: 1 reg archer, 1 vet horse) has just reached Spain's coast line (turn 82, near the tobacco tile which is shown in post #7). I found border lines! Looks like two towns w/o expansion. I can't see the towns, though, but that galley shouldn't be visible either. Of course, I hope there's no defenders - guessing on capital distance, these could be very young towns (in analogy to my continent, I just settled that same area).
I'll see next turn if that estimation was right.

FWIW, our continents are not fully congruent: my continent has a (bigger?) fresh water lake near the tobacco tile.

What a pity that the Spanish are religious. My invading spoilsport party killers would have a lot of fun in anarcho-country (for Aggie, republic *could* be 'round the corner by now).

The score thing is still bugging me. IIRC, I'm now ~20 points ahead. Granted, I have now 2 luxs (and toggle between 0% and 10% lux tax), but I don't understand that. Seems like Aggie is building city improvements and doesn't pump many settlers anymore.

A curragh is sailing towards Spain from Spain's eastern side. I just want to make sure to detect any Spanish galleys on that other route (although that route would probably need a ROP with Celts, Sumerians and/or Greeks).