View Single Post
Old 22-03-2005, 03:09   #13
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

I would not call this stuff remedies. It is just water or whatever dilution agent has been used there. The problem is to know whether these so-called remedies can help anyone or it is a pure fiction and this is just a harmless water sold for ridiculous price. Well, at least it is harmless and therefore allowed.

Well, sometimes it is more important to believe in something than actually see that something. Homeopathy is neither scientific, nor based on religion, it is just another completely different type of thought and logic. There may be some sense in it from the scientific point of view however in general, as it stands now, it is complete bullshit in its pure form.

Indeed, with some molecules, there are methods of detection which are highly sensitive and can detect a single molecule in 1 milliliter. I've been always tempted to check it out with hopeopathic dilutions if this molecule is in there or not. Never had time to spare though. Actually, it would be nice to know if there is anything there at all. But to spend time and money on these expensive experiments, one has to know does this stuff really work like the manufacturers are claiming it does. And this is an open question.

The theory of the whole ordeal has been greatly advanced by Gurwitch in Russia in 1960s and I still remember visiting a conference in his memory in Moscow University. There was even a guy at our department who is still writing books and seriously studying the matters. He even suggested his own theory.

http://ns.ss.msu.ru/~nal/
http://www.biophoton.com/

My modest experience in this area has been mainly focused on two tries of measurement of biofield of a person and of an animal. I've used a very sensitive high resistance electrode which has been somewhat shielded but I don't think the shielding has been adequate. I've also tried a rabbit, two rats, five or six different mice, my boss, two other volunteers, and myself as a sources of biofield. Can't tell it worked reliably but it was not so bad indeed. Well, I was 22 or 23 back then and was just curious. Never had a chance to try again and probably never will.