View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 18:38   #33
killercane
Prince

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Robboo

Well KC..we have 2 crystal footballs...subpar or not..no one else can say that.

You have to admit. LSU completely control this game since about 2 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. IF you followed LSu this year or last year...up by 2 TDs and the game is over. Pelini is a master on defense. His loss to Nebraska will be the hardest thing for LSU to overcome. In addition...LSU is still loaded with talent and while next year should be a down year(SEC west 2 or 3), the following year is scary with experience and talent.
Well my problem is not with LSU, I was of course pulling for them, I even cheered for Alabama in their bowl game. The problem is the lack of dominance, like an '01 Miami or '95 Nebraska. Now if Perilloux were say a senior, knew the offense inside and out and was a student of the game, and add in another stud defensive lineman to complement a healthy Dorsey, that team wouldn't lose to Kentucky and would pound anyone this year. They were thatclose to being a really great team, but on the other hand, they were also one big play in the SEC championship from going to the Citrus Bowl.

I guess that says a lot about parity today, but I like to see a national champ as a dominant force.
killercane is offline   Reply With Quote