View Single Post
Old 20-12-2019, 17:48   #14
Beorn
Disabled Vet

T80, 875 BC

How on Earth do I have 68 GNP?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFC
GNP = Total commerce + total culture + total espionage + (total research * research bonus) – expenses.
Ok, so culture is counted and the Oracle (+8, soon +16) makes our GNP look bloated. We're not even on the top 5 cities for culture yet, so all the cultural civs have been pulling this for a long time. $-wise, I guess our start ain't so bad after all.

You can see the spike at Oracle, and a lot of whipping for Altars. Killer is also whipping himself raw down there, while Ynnek and PP are making the most of their high-food tiles. Matrix is still at 2 cities so his quick rise to #1 couldn't be sustained.

Ynnek and I are on 4 cities ; his capital is really pretty nice:

Stone, gold, fishes, it's got everything. Everything double, now that he's got the desert copies. Only thing he needs is to improve that rice and those hills.

His #4 is a bit early to be that far out but he might have felt the need to close up the position, with an eye on backfilling later. Gonna hurt his economy for a while.

Stapel also overextended forward, very agressively:

It's all jungles. He needs to pop borders for fish and chop every single jungle tile there to make it work. Preposterous. Distant. The Bay of Faith is far below, and similarly underimproved:

His score is stalling, and no wonder. He needs like 4 more workers STAT. Iron working, too. But he's researching MC, probably to fix his economy with forges and Colossus. Good plan, in the long run. Short-term, he needs iron working and workers.

Diplomatically, Stapel is a jolly good neighborino who's happy to let aztec axemen roam the jungle to fog-bust and farm XP. He's got religions and marble, we have religion and marble, so I threw him a bone and offered not to compete for ToA. Make no mistake, we'll build ToA, we just won't finish it

Matrix has been met. His warrior scout is down in the Bay of Faith, about to trek North. He'd rather not open trade routes until he can benefit from them - fair enough - and has set all his espionage points on us. Even while curating our leads on the other 2, we've got 6:4 on him so, slowly but surely, we'll get there.

We owe this encounter to Astérix's bravery in combat:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
He is a brave, intelligent and shrewd warrior of somewhat diminutive size, who eagerly volunteers for all perilous missions.

Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park

Last edited by Beorn; 20-12-2019 at 17:52.
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote