View Single Post
Old 14-12-2019, 02:01   #12
Beorn
Disabled Vet

T70, 1200 BC

Even with good growth, our GNP is dismal. Babaorum will work dry grass cottages to kindof fix that but it'll be a long time before we've got anything to show for it. City #4 will go for a quick library to push a GS academy into the capital. Still, we'll need calendar for spice gold if keeping up is to be an option. Perhaps before construction even. We'll see how the ToA payday works out.

Also, Killer is really hurting. We may as well assume that last place in demographics is him.

PP and I are taking off — my good turn was writing + pop increase, I assume his was similar. Meanwhile, Matrix pulled a pyramid out of his hat:

Unless his neighbors wisen up really fast, it'll be a tough game.

Ynnek has met our wonder-full score leader through a work boat somewhere while Astérix reached Stapel's borders right on time for open borders.

He's got barracks and pushes out 3xp archers to raid barbs in the jungle. This being noble difficulty, they'll stay hungry most of the year. He's also been hoarding all the religions. I guess he didn't feel like learning to write any time soon.

Which leads us to the very linear, very snaky state of the world map:

And the inevitable conclusion that those gems ought to belong to the Aztecs.

So the sensible move would be: farm everything, whip everything, mass ele-pult to clear the way southwards, establish a forbidden palace zone at or near the gems, regroup and see about a guy who started with stone and way too much gold in his capital.

Ynnek is gonna be ruffled when the Oracle hits his culture and I steal his lighthouse-clam. Then again I was bummed when he stole the clam to begin with so part of me hopes the religion also goes to Petitbonum, to really dial the culture up to 11 (or even 14). The only spot that could use a quick culture hit from missionary spread will be Spice-Town so I'll try and appease him with a gift horse religion.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote