View Single Post
Old 24-03-2011, 15:27   #19
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbaman View Post
They're naked, so archers should do the trick. They have low discipline, so basically the best goal is to punish them for not keeping the line. In other words: hit their flanks. You could also try wardogs, iirc you can get them early in the game. They are very good against the barbarians. Keep the retainers safe, the dogs are expendable (like ammo).
Thanks. I outflanked them in a couple of big battles and now they're no longer a problem. It's almost 250 BC, and I've pushed the Gauls back to a mere 2 provinces (the one in Spain, and the coastal one in the north of France). An army is already enroute towards the one in France, but unfortunately the Spanish decided to backstab me and cancel our alliance so I will first have to kill some Spaniards before I can finish the Gauls...

Question: What are good targets for training assassins? Low influence diplomats are probably the best option but there aren't many of those running around in my little part of the map, so any other suggestions would be appreciated.