View Single Post
Old 23-01-2006, 09:09   #17
Darkness

I'm not really trying to compare Civ4 to Civ3, but for some reason the game just doesn't appeal to me as much as Civ3 did.

The game is slow and very similar (to me anyway) each game, so that SP Civ4 very quickly lost it's "newness" to me. I realize that this game can be played with a lot of different styles, but that would require a large amount of time being put into it to learn to play like that. Unfortunately, I don't have time to spare, and even if I did, I would in all likelyhood not invest it in Civ4. So, I haven't played single player Civ4 since before christmas and I doubt I'll take it up again any time soon.
MP is more fun, but that fun mostly comes from playing against another human. The gameplay is still the same -> boring. In my game against grs it's now 600 BC, and I get to move maybe 5 units each turn. Maybe I'm just a louzy player, but moving five units doesn't exactly make me feel like I am building an empire or something like that.

All in all, I am quite disappointed with Civ4. I had expected more of it.