View Single Post
Old 23-01-2006, 02:29   #16
Tubby Rower

Pitboss is my new favorite way to play. Assuming that the players can get online at the same time. Whomp & I only played two sessions before Whomp surrendered.

As a note, I also learned a lot from that game. It allowed you to progress through the game just slightly slower than a solo game. but it was against a human.

-> chop forests around your cities in AW games. The defense that the forests allow (especially on hills) is something not to be reckoned with. I had all of my forests chopped around my capital (which I normally don't do). Peter didn't and Whomp took Moscow.

Since Whomp didn't raze the city, I used the forests to get within 1 tile and then just slammed him with 5 axes.. I lost two but the other three killed his three jags defending.

I don't know if Whomp saw this but you can also tell your AI partner to attack a specific city which would have been nice if Peter wouldn't have been building a settler with 5 of Whomp's jags surrounding Moscow right before he took it