View Single Post
Old 22-10-2012, 22:02   #6
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

The king is dead, long live the Queen
Guillaume I de Valois or Willum dun urste as we like to call him dies in 1505 after a real short rein. The regency council takes over for Jeanne, better known as Janneke. After two years of boredom and high speed turns Janneke inherites the throne. Good we can declare war again

With a female ruler we're no longer emperor of the HRE and that hurts. Not so much our feelings but mainly our casflow. We lose all kind of nice bonuses and suddenly we're over our forcelimit. This is penalised by a huge tax penalty. I disband a few mercenary regiments and decrease military maintenance. Sad, sad times.

Between 1507-1509 we fight a war against some insignificant small states. looking back at map I dont have a clue why and what we got out of it. No new vassals, no new provinces. At least we killed some time.

Around 1410 we have expanded our net of vassals again.

What does this button do.......
Around 1510 I notice Castille has disputed succesion but somehow I wont inherit it although my prestige is high. Come to think of it, I only inherited a country once in all the games I played. What am I doing wrong here.....

And then I notice the 'Claim throne' button again. I never used that because it gives a relationship penalty with others you have a royal marriage with. And usually I marry everyone who is remotely willing. Today I decide I dont care, and press the button. Brabant claims the throne, we should inherite Castille. Jeanne turns out to be a lucky lady, the castillian monarch dies after a year and we get a PU with Castille in 1511

Now all we have to do is wait for an heir and Jeanne to die.

So it's the easy button!!
Now we now it's so easy I repeat the same trick with Brittany which has become the new France. Once again we have a short lived monarch and in 1522 we also have PU with Brittany. This is shaping up nicely.

Now all we have to do is wait for an heir and Jeanne to die.

In 1514 Ile de France is added to the brabant empire because some mission gives us a core if we annex it. France has been beaten up so badly that they're now a OPM Sadly the CoT on the Ile de France has disappeared, nothing really special any more here.

It's a boy misses Walker, it's a boy
In 1416 a new heir appears. It's a boy, we can dream of the HRE again

NOw all we have to do is wait for Jeanne to die.

The Empire strikes back
Turns out Jeanne is not really planning on dying soon. We still want to be empress so we adopt imperial administration. The sliders change for the better a bit but I dont really notice any other mind boggling benefits.

A new world
The next decades pass by quite uneventfully.We acquire a few German provinces and in 1550 we get a foothold in the americas. I do this mostly because a mission requests this and I'm bored. I was planning to let Castille do the colonizing and then simply inherite everything but..Jeanne just won't die.....

Patos, spanish for 'dump'

Brabant in 1550

and the diplo map, it's hard to see but Austria is getting quite big.
Attached Images
File Type: png 1510_diplo.png (953.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: png 1550_patos.png (175.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 1550_brabant.jpg (81.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: png 1550_diplo.png (813.1 KB, 30 views)
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote