View Single Post
Old 23-05-2007, 11:04   #49
Kemal

Some short (pictureless) updates in quick succession now, but I think it is safe to report that the Malinese overseas campaign is over for now.

Darkness ambushed a few cavs near the ruins of Memphis with 2 WEs and three pikes, and I lost 3 cavs there for his 2 WEs. This makes the total active cavs in the north 5 total, which is not enough to keep on taking cities there (though BCLG seems to have given up on Elephantine, which seems abandoned this turn, but just out of reach.

I'm pulling back those 5 cavs (maybe take Elephantine from the sea if possible) and just focus on patrolling American soil and taking out units whenever possible. Aside of Beijing and BCLG's southern capitol, there aren't many targets of opportunity left anyway.

Also, there has been an interesting message from Matrix this turn. He contacted me saying he could buy a world map from Roosevelt for 270g (seems really cheap to me, considering he knows almost half of the map, so probably that would involve Matrix giving his map too Roosevelt too).

He was wondering whether he could trade the map with me for less, or get it for free, to which I responded that he could get it for free on just one condition: he was not to trade the map with BCLG or Darkness, ever, no matter the situation.

I'm still awaiting his response, but his answer will have a profound effect on the way Mali will review the current and future state of coexistence between our two empires.