View Single Post
Old 17-08-2003, 02:37   #8
anarres
anarchist butcher

149 - Capture Ibabanago from the Indians. Take the last mainland Viking city and make peace, gaining 2 useless cities off on the smaller island.

Pay 34 gpt for Dyes from the Zulu.

Decide I need to start researching, set to Gunpowder (7 turns).

150 - Capture Pune form the Indians. They lack Iron, so as long as their War Elephants are attacking their cities are only defended by spearmen. My 3 knight armies certainly help though.

Korea gives me Theology and 125 gold for 42 got and MA aginst Kemal.

Sell Theology to Carthage for Monarchy and WM.

151 - Take another Indian city. A possible 2 next turn.

154 - 1 turn from reserching Gunpowder and I find Korea has it.

Still, I buy it for 150 gold and swap it for Education from the Babs.

155 - After 20 Elite battles after my last leader (and I build Herioc Epic) I get another. Take another Indian cities.

156 - Buy Music Theory for Ivory and 36 gpt from the Zulu. Rush Bachs.

157 - New Madras flips, with 2 non-resisting citizens and no tiles owned by them.

158 - Take Deli at last, with Hanging Gardens and the Great Wall - there were 8 Spears defending. I lost no Knights at all.

162 - Take another Indian city, there are only 3 or 4 half decent ones left.

I try pretty much my first tech steal ever (from the Koreans). I am paying lots of gpt, so war is not so bad. I only had enough money for 'Careful', and I get it! Wow, this really is my first turn. I thought I hit a bug when I chose the tech to steal!

I am amazed you get a choice and not a random one. This is powerful!

I choose Astronomy and sell it to the Zulu (with 14gpt) for Banking.

163 - Take Madras with the Great Lighthouse. I am please to report India now has neither horses or iron. Building those war elephants will be expensive in those tundra cities!

I also get another leader - it is about time (20+ elite wins since last, with HE)

Argh! The Zulu are getting 39gpt from me as part of our peace deal (I got a tech with it). The downside is that now I have to renegotiate peace or carry on giving 39gpt. When I do this the peace is for 20 turns! I will have to goad him in too war now.

Maps soon...