View Single Post
Old 27-08-2008, 09:05   #29
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

No such luck, if luck has anything to do with it. I did it with 27345 points and 1882 AD.
Still a nice result.

How did you play this? Did you quetcha rush the Maya? Did you get one of the two early religions?

How I played the Inca game:
- Move settler one tile E, and found Cuzco. Second city will be found on the pacific coast, just S of the corn source that is near the dyes.
- Immediately quetcha rush the Maya. Raze second Maya city, then lay siege to the Maya capital. When you have enough quetcha you can capture it.
-Get Meditation (buddhism) first and build a temple for assigning a priest. Get great person points to get a prophet and build the shrine.
-Establish chokepoint with Aztecs in Panama and do NOT sign open borders until all of South America has been settled.
- And then just grow. As fast as possible, while keeping science as high as possible.
- Build lots of workers and get guilds ASAP to have enough health to grow and get calander ASAP to have enough happyness to grow.

Problems using this strategy:
- Lots of barbarians will appear in South America, so you need one city that builds military non-stop to fend them off. I recommend Mutal (Maya capital) for that.
- Sooner or later the Aztec will attack, so you must garison the choke point very well.

And then, when you're ready, you can conquer the Aztecs (and the Native Americans) to increase your lands, but you must make sure that your science rate stays high.