View Single Post
Old 21-05-2004, 07:11   #12
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 112: Korea has 359 to offer for Literature. There is no reason to keep this tech for me alone, so I sell it for that price.

Turn 116: I get Construction from the Great Library. The Vikings have a galley close by, so I decide to make peace. After this I trade them Silks and Currency for Wines to compensate for the war hapiness loss.

Turn 123: Krys has CoL. So I quickly try to make a buck. The Vikings give me 8 gold and 6 gpt for it.

Turn 125: I have a lot of cash, so I spend 65 gold to investigate Oea, the cheapest of Krys' places.

He does a min science run as well and is doing quite ok as it is. And if I'm not mistaken, he is in a golden age! That explains why I'm not number one 1 the demographics anymore. I will build up a bit more and then sail to Carthage with galleys filled with swords. Parking them next to places like this, undefended.

Turn 129: I get Polytheism for free and enter the Middle Ages My army is finally average compared to Krys. I upgraded about 7 warriors to swords in a few turns...

Turn 130: Krys and I both had to deal with the Spanish, who dropped SoD's next to our cities. But after 20 turns they all have disspeared one by one. Guess they couldn't pay upkeep anymore. That Statue of Zeus with the free cavalry units every 5 turns is a mixed blessing I guess