View Single Post
Old 19-10-2011, 22:41   #76
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistfit View Post
@ akots - What would your plan entail if you were to start over?

To give a little insight as to where I am at right now. ...
Circumstances always dictated me in hattrick for some reason. And for the past 10 seasons, the game was very well balanced. I have had to keep even so that regular expenses approximately match the income. Otherwise, if your players are weaker, you can relegate. Maybe not immediately but during next one or two seasons. In higher divisions, this is not enough (Div III) because you have to have a good start up squad after promotion to make sure you perform. Then, it is possible to make the balance.

I have a general idea of your situation. So, IMO, continue like you do now and after you pull your YP, you can see the actual situation and how much money this particular YP can fetch on the market. Interrupting training keeper program is highly undesirable up until you get to at least SN level (the higher you can get, the better you are off). Depending on situation, you can sell either the main trainee and continue with the secondary or continue with the main one and sell secondaries. You make less money with the latter in the short run but your performance is improved in the long run.

I'd say that the main goal for you now, is to comfortably settle in Div V and continue your program plan of choice from there. I understand that you already went that way and have little interest to repeat the same thing. However, there is little possibility for some other way unless you really like to gamble heavily. The money you get from selling both goalkeepers and your YP should be enough to bring you to stable life in Div V. From that point, you might want to look back and see what the rules are and how you make the budget and what the market is and then decide where to go. If you can sell your YP well, it would be better to just buy (or pull) cheap trainees and start from passable in the main skill. The way training works these days, you get to excellent in no time. So, there is really no point in training your own YP unless you are aiming at a U-20 player. I've had one who actually was in U-20 in some league (Chile IIRC) and it was really hard to maintain the best training possible. You need a lot of luck with that because injuries, bad timed secondaries training, form, etc do influence the outcome a lot. And the prices for these players drop as soon as they are out of suitable U-20 age range. So, once he got injured (again IIRC), he was out of the loop but I was still able to sell him for a very fat piece of cash even below WC level. This is just one of the options you might want to consider.

In the USA, U-20 is extremely competitive and even if you have a good prospect, his training has to be perfect. You might be better off with some smaller country where U-20 is not that tough to get into. Just need to spend some time on the market to get a reasonable buy. If your trainee has at least one or two matches in anyone's U-20, the price rises dramatically, may be by 50% or even more. Again, this is quite a huge investment usually and it is never a given thing even with smaller countries just because they sometimes don't have an active coach or one who can read and understand your messages in English. You can try to translate though, these days it is easier than before.

This new loyalty thing seems to be nice but actually is not that good because only your team gets the bonus and thus, it is not sellable unless you come across some buyer who is completely naive. Alas, this is not expected with large cash sales. Thus, your flexibility choice (keep training/sell) is limited very effectively.