View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 11:47   #14
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbaman View Post
We're on an island and he got 1 city there, can't we just kill him? In hindsight I feel stupid not settling next to the corn, I forgot that in col2 you get the land from the indians. We'd have a lot more lumber as well. Anyway, hopefully that indian city teaches fishermen, we're going to need them.

I'm not too sure about the silver: is it going to be worth it? The yield is disappointing.

Islands suck in col2, so that's not very good news... Can we get 4-5 cities on the island?

Killing Monty is an option, but I'd really like to exploit the village's teaching capacities first.

Silver is great. If we mine the source and set an expert silver miner on it, the yield should be 8 silver per turn. All that town would need is a docks (and possibly a warehouse), a silver miner and a fisherman. Seems a great investment for 152 (8*19) gold per turn, since the prices of silver don't drop as fast as they did in the original game.