View Single Post
Old 01-04-2004, 12:22   #8
Kingreno

The plan...

is to invade Anarres.

The GreLib gave me a tech every 8 turns or so, so in turn 130 (or so) it ended in education, with GP on the bottom half of the techladder as the last free tech. I Went full speed at Chemistry and got it 1 turn after the Dutch, who however did not sell it to anyone!
I did, netting me no techs, but 200 gpt and 600 cash from the ai.
for the past 40 turns, I ran positive with the taxslider at zero.

Anarres has done very well. He used his scientific trade well, and also was able to buy/sell around the AI most of whom do not know eachother. At one point I send a brave galley of mine into his waters and without warning it was sunk by his stupid dromon!!!!

GA for him which gave him astronomy and Navigation as monopoly techs. I was going full speed at Metalurgy and hope to get it first as well. He used Navigation of course to trade his way to ultrahapiness (4 extra luxes...) so that gave me the idea to MA the world against him which was very easy. Good luck with your monopoly Anarres.

It all depends for me if I get metalurgy first. That would renew the GPT deals (though that way be fucked when Anarres MA's them back) and net me the upperhalve techs. 2 turns to go...

I have also been keeping a close eye on the F3 screen and that shows me I am still average to Anarres. That means he is very likely not invading me with something heavy , since my mili is a couple of warriors and some Ancient Cavalry (built Zeus in Carthage). I also know he has a decent number of Dromons, so his total land army is even smaller then mine and that, believe me, could mean not a single land unit at all. I am curious as to what will happen when I land two ancient cav next to a core city in 8 turns.

screenies to follow...