View Single Post
Old 23-03-2004, 21:49   #68
Skyfish

Sorry for the lack of news but, believe it or not,
since the last update we have only played 9 turns

Kemal's been busy studying and I have more and more problem playing PTW

I am feeling very uninspired suddenly in this game, I usually love to find a good plan and execute
but here now that I have a second core up and running, I am severely hesitating as to what to do next

Looking closely at Kemals' land he has tons of coastal cities where he could already be heavily building up naval units.
I decided not to have too many coastal cities so he cant damage me too much amphibiously
but I still need some to sink some of his Zerk-loaded boats...
since I tried to achieve both plans I achieved none

Also the game is just a ping-pong every 6 turns of MAs vs MAs and efforts to limit those
have been unfruitful. I hate those games, its boring, predictible
and brings absolutely nothing to the game.
Am not far from resigning because the game is just no fun anymore...

Now for an update: I am still the tech leader, my AIs are much more powerful than his.
When he got Korea and Babylon to ally vs me it resulted in a second Great Leader as you can see on the previous post,
so when I could turn the alliances vs him again a few turns later I got Engineering and Invention for Theology
I had researched in the mean time.

I am in definite need of help : what should I do ?
1-Stay in the tech lead and go as fast as possible towards Rifles and better ships ?
2- build up a huge army of Horses to then upgrade to Sipahis in around 20 to 30 turns
when Mil Trad will be available ?
3- Upgrade to Knights and attack Korea now ?
4- Build up huge defenses preparing for the Zerks attack ?
5- Resign (its a really harrowing game, we are both playing to the limit and on the chat Kemal also
complains the game is real difficult...)

Here are some pix :