View Single Post
Old 21-01-2004, 14:15   #62
Skyfish

Just a quick update so that Kemal thinks something is happening on my continent

The war is going great, I now have 4 or 5 Elite horses and the main cities are taken, I am now slowing down and its big leader-fishing time....

Libraries are up in the 1st ring river cities, I have changed my build orders from Libraries to Acqueduct in the 1st ring cites that need it (at least 4 ) Its the first time I do that but when they will grow fluently when they reach size 6, I noticed my growth was quite stunted I my anarres game.
I can not max research right now Theology is taking 19 turns, so I am making cash, I got 2 luxes from America so my lux rate is 0% (120gpt).

Kemal drew a 6-turn anarchy and is now Republic, he has not lost any city from the wars and just last turn he bought Peace with Carthage and an alliance vs me. Big deal !
More worrying is that he is now in Middle Age and was 4 techs behind last turn, since he is only at peace with Carthage I have no idea how he pulled that one : it must at least have cost him huge amounts of money...Am not gonna buy Carth back vs him as this would certainly free up tons of gpt for him ! Grrrrr....

The Arabs and Indians are still at war with him. All additional delay to get contact with the other continent is good.
The first big set back of the game just happened but I was ready I have no garrisons in any American city (except where a unit ends in there after an attack).