View Single Post
Old 28-09-2012, 20:11   #29
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beam View Post
Is that rating comparable to ELO or just something completely different?
There is a bot there at FICS which can approximately tell what is your ELO based on FICS performance. For me, this is the only way since I have not played a single serious game for the past 23 years. Last time I checked, the bot gave me something around 2100-2150. That should be more or less reasonable.

When I was in Rio, I played a few more or less serious (still, not a tournament) games with two guys there who are in the 2100 region of ELO and it went pretty well. So, probably, the bot has a reasonable estimate. I think, if I start playing regularly and actually paying attention, I can get to 2200-2250.

There is some chess club here 6 blocks away on M street, might just join one day to try. They have some tourneys on weekdays starting at 7pm. But I'm afraid I'm too exhausted by the end of the day to be able to think clearly. Just get home, cook, eat, and spam at CDZ. Then, go read or play for an hour and just sleep. That's the schedule. A 4-hour chess tourney 7-11pm does not fit there.