View Single Post
Old 29-02-2020, 17:23   #16
Matrix
Administrator

Heh, thanks! I squeezed out military units as much as I could, whipping my population to smithereens.

Now Beorn's stack is in retreat. This turn I had a decision to make: do I attack his stack, let it go, or...stand right next to it?!

Thing is, our stacks are of equal size, but he's on a forest. My catapults would not compensate enough for that defense bonus - they would have to do more than 1/3 damage of all units' strength to undo the 50% bonus - The same goes for him. But if I move next him, then I'm also on a forest. But now he cannot retreat, because then he's on plains instead of forest. As a result, I force him to stay there. And there are more troops coming.

Meanwhile I got caravels! So one 'unmanned' ship is going for a world tour, while the other will drop off an explorer and then head south to meet up with our infamous stranger BrunchTime, whose borders became visible due to the +2 visibility upon discovering optics.

Socralynnek and I have been talking. He tries to make me believe that he's unsure which side to take. But now I saw him moving in all his five or six triremes plus two galleys in the habour of Rajavihara. My caravels needs two turns of rest in the Hague to fully recover from the successful sinking of Beorn's fleet (three triremes and a galley; no losses).

Beorn is only two turns away from gunpowder! Hey, I'm the one with the great library. He went to get paper and education already, while I just started on feudalism and will go towards gunpowder from there. Beorn actually stole engineering from me a couple of turns ago.

The first spy has reached Aztec land and started to explore Beorn's realm.