View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 06:56   #4
Grille

Yup, French cooks are actually working on a new recipe for that delicious sauce. The plan is to make ketchup out of Babylonian ingredients! The F3-chef argues these are still very stodgy, though.

Turn 82, the situation is getting better. I could keep up in score.
At this point, though, I *thought* somebody beamed the Chinese up into the #1 positions (although France has even been ranked top-pop every other turn or so):

9.04KB

Aggie certainly composed an interesting playground for our game.
Scientific frenzy and the nasty Hittites have ACs from early on.

About the strategic resources: tour-de-horse starts at... Tours.
As for the happy stuff, I have two native luxs, but only one source of each; so there's just the masochist's trade-away option.

The ivory near Rheims has been hooked up for quite a while, but Chartres' dyes were denied by barbs. There was once a barb camp on that resource tile, I plopped it away, but two barbarian buggers refused to attack until their hair got hydrogen-blond. Eventually, dyeing one's hair was completly! out-fashioned.[]
Instead of getting a hip hair-cut in "Ken's hot barber shop", the barbies just moved 1 tile (NE of Chartres) and took another break there.
Ok, ok, next time I'll just attack'em in game and spam less here. Perhaps[]. So here's the recent lines of spam and more compressed in a pic (82):

173.64KB

IBT 82:
Babylon builts MoM

Babylon now has Pyr, TGL and MoM, rather spicy ketchup!
Or the Babs take Beam and me for a 20k-ride...

IBT 83:
Korean spear/settler combo spotted by an exploring warrior in German territory.
I didn't recognize this at first sight (>colour issues), but got them on the contact menue in the next turn.
84:
Wow, Korea has (at least from my perspective) a monopoly on currency, but lacks some techs. Embassy established; all 3 known AI civs share contacts.
New bazar arranged:
Korea receives lit, philo, 8gpt for currency
Babylonians don't care for TGL and receive currency, 7gpt for CoL, IW, 12g
Germany receives currency, 1gpt for map-making, 5g
Korea receives map-making for HBR, 113g

Research set to republic @min rate.
I'm tech-pari with Germans and Babs, ahead of Korea. Poly and construction are still missing for ma, yet the tech pace seems rather fast for demi-god.

There's one source of iron within my borders (near Marseilles), which is, of course, occupied by 2 barbs from the former camp on that mountain tile. The Marseilles barbs are quite funny, too. They keep on moving 1 tile SW and then back onto the mountain since their camp has gone. I'm not going to share the story behind this phenomenon. I would like to, but it's because there just isn't any.[]

IBT84:
a promising curragh (located near Zariqum in the above pic) was sunk by barb galleys

88:
In recent turns, France was constantly #1 in pop and #2 in MFG and GNP; the score ketchup stagnated, though (Beam was between 20 to 23 points ahead during the past turns).
In this actual turn, France is #1 in pop, MFG and GNP. Checked diplo and F3, Babs know republic and just switched from despotism! This means I'm ahead of Beam in those areas (unless, well you know).

Quite a while ago, Beam reported about serious barb shit. He said he lost 2 workers to a barb horse when I didn't even know what a horse looks like.
Later he reported something a long the lines that barbs occupy his territory/the surroundings (same for me) and that there'd be trouble plopping his 3 settlers he completed that turn (3 settlers in one turn! oh yeah, I've raised my lower jaw again by now).

It seems like a really tough game; the AIs will surely keep us busy.
To be honest, I avoided -gpt most of the time because I was scared of a tribute demand. Now I fear a SoD showing up at the gates.
Anyways, I'm preparing to build military units; I'm stock-piling some cash for possible tech stealing.