View Single Post
Old 09-02-2004, 02:58   #3
Bootstoots

Quote:
quote:The 7000 spectators at Evanston Penguins Arena were in for an afternoon of sunshine. Evanston had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Weller - Michaud, Lackey, Breen, Partridge - Breeden, Alley, Dozier, Medina - Dumas, Jameson.

Yellow had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Åhnmo - Haas, Knott, Harley - Brunner, Borgstedt, Wahl, Esparza, Cody - Lara, Tomlin.

It was an obvious ambition of Yellow to attack on the flanks. Evanston tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders. Evanston´s Otis Partridge refused to leave the field after injuring his achilles tendon in the 23rd minute. Evanstons Rickie Jameson gave, after 39 minutes, the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right. A corner kick created great disorder in the penalty area, but at last Yellow´s Floyd Brunner was able to shove the ball in. 1-1. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 1. Evanston held the ball, with a clear 56 percent possession rate.

Evanston tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders. A mistake by the home sides central defence in the 74:th minute allowed Billie Tomlin to score 1 - 2 for Yellow. Evanstons Jefferson Alley got himself booked after a foul. Yellow were forced to a substitution as Cary Haas couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Bubba Dias to come in from the sidelines. Billie Tomlin increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 1 - 3. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Evanston, with an impressive 60 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Evanston player was without a doubt Willis Lackey. Jefferson Alley on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Yellow player was without a doubt Billie Tomlin. However, Bubba Dias made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 1 - 3.
I won another league game. Unfortunately, one of my wingbacks is out for a week (and is 27 years old, so he probably won't be there for the last game of the season). This is my first comeback win (though it can only barely be called that, since the Penguins' lead only lasted for one minute). I'm now firmly in second place, ahead of third place by 5 and trailing the first place team by 6 points. TS is still furious after a MOTS loss two weeks ago, but it doesn't really matter at all. I still have yet to get better than a wretched midfield (excluding the match two weeks ago, where I had a poor midfield but lost). Any tips for improving it?

Bootstoots is offline   Reply With Quote