View Single Post
Old 31-12-2004, 12:09   #5
Kingreno

Update:

A lot has happened as this game races forward as well. turn 55 now.
What happened?

I met all civs and was, as said, backwards! I had 4 Goody huts giving me a total of one setler, CB and 2 Maps of the region. I guess that is ok, but not exceptional.
Techs. I pulled of some great trades as we were first to reach Horsebackriding which everyone lacked. I got all techs available and gained the top tech position, shared with the Ottomans. the available techs were: Alphabet, Mysticism and IW. I then wnet full speed to writing. getting it a turn before erikk who was researching it longer. Muhahaha. No good trades available though so I raced on to Philo and got that first too. Choose CoL and now republic is in 30 turns! I trdaded Philo arround for polytheism, which most AI got at that time. Erikk got Philo a turn later because everyone else had it and the price went down a lot. Erikk misses IW, HBR, CoL, Mys and Poly. He may be attempting to trade Lit soon but he has not got that yet. Trading to parity is not too hard I guess.
the lands:

59.99*KB

Lands look ok and they are. I like the map as well Beam. Many possibilities!

The AI. Naturaly the good life of the Zulu led to envy with my pasky neighbour, the inca. Without any reason they send over no less then 6 warriors to invade zululand. We were not prepared at all and we pulled of a "miffy" to counter the attack. I had 2 vet archers and 3 warriors.

The first signs of trouble:

53.82KB

He invades:

44.66KB

I lose 2 archers and a warrior, he loses all 6. too bad I had to loose an elite archer attacking a 3hp-warrior!

33.1KB
after this I expect some heavier units to enter Zululand soon. I have horses ready though. Erikk thinks that this was has led to my GA. I know I am large Erikk, but not in a GA yet. hehe.

Traditionaly:

6.16KB

Erikk still has not met 3 AI, but he is looking for them. we'll see!