View Single Post
Old 20-05-2004, 15:01   #29
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

GA
Delaying the GA will be a challenge but not impossible. If we build lots of archer we'll have shot. After getting the wheel we'll have some extra options in terms of WC and horsies

walls
NOt sure about the walls, I personally never build them even though they are cheap. I prefer to attack with archers and other units from our cities instead of doing a 100% defensive war. In that case walls arent really usefull.

1st city
The hill Col. T. mentions is good but we should also consider settling next to the hut. If we pop thehut by settling we'll never get barbs from it and prevent wandering scouts from other civs to extract a tech or somethig from it

settler fac
I;ve set up Ur to become a settler fac. It's a pity though we cant do a warrior, settler every 4 turns as we lack a 1 shield when at size 5. We'll be doing 9,9,11,11 shields which sucks, because we'll be wasting 10 shields in the last turn. When in monarchy we'll be getting one more food from the wheat, so we should immediately mine the wheat tile when in monarchy. That will give us 10,10,12,12 shields, so we can then build warrior, settler every 4 turns, wasting only 4 shields. Big reason to go for monarchy asap.

techs
I think we should aim for monarchy asap. We'll be in monarchy for ages as republic will be impossible with WW. The sooner we're in monarchy the sooner we'll reap the benefits of a better gov. Also monarchy will have a huge benefit for Ur in production terms. Also being in monarchy quickly increases the chance of avoifing a despot GA

Question is if we want cata's before monarchy or after. I'd prefer after as alpha and maths will take us ages to research which means prolonged despotism.

ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote