View Single Post
Old 26-01-2004, 07:14   #2
Melifluous
Administrator

Quote:
quote:
Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Meli's Manglers Arena saw a crowd turnout of 8173. Manglers started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Cabezas - Spreadbury, Venkataraman, Bryan - Hornabrook, Alistair, Davis, Knell - Verspoor, Greenwood, Turner.

EAGLES1 tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. Lineup: Musialik - Stan, Lusuardi, Hamilton, Spitsbaard - Gustavsson, Hansson, Martínez, Chandra - MacPherson, Furió.

Manglers seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. Manglers were very close to putting themselves one up in the 3rd minute as Adam Davis got through, but failing in concentration, he shot the ball wide. In the games 30:th minute Manglers´s Mark Verspoor fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Mark Verspoor for taking a dive. Some quick foot work on the left side of the field in the 31st minute left EAGLES1´s Ryan MacPherson completely free to score. 0 - 1 for the visitors. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 1. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Manglers, with an impressive 59 percent possession of the ball.

EAGLES1´s Ryan MacPherson made it through the home teams defence in the 60:th minute, and had only to place the ball in an unguarded goal when the home side´s defender sprang up from the left, clearing the ball on the line. Ian Turner pulled a real crowd pleaser as he, in the 63rd minute, wove through the guests whole central defense line and put the 1 - 1 equaliser away. Daniel Furió of EAGLES1 received a yellow card in the 64:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. In the 64:th minute the home side managed to get a 2 - 1 lead as Alan Hornabrook flipped the ball after a cross pass from the right. Unsportsmanlike behaviour by Daniel Furió rendered him his second booking of the match, and EAGLES1 had to finish the game with a reduced squad. A corner kick created great disorder in the penalty area, but at last Manglers´s Richard Alistair was able to shove the ball in. 3-1. A well placed corner kick from David Spreadbury was followed by Aatmaj Venkataraman´s hard but accurate header. The nice combination meant goal for Manglers. The result now 4-1. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Manglers, with an impressive 54 percent possession of the ball.

Manglers´s best player was Walsh Greenwood. However, Ian Turner made a disastrous appearance. Most important EAGLES1 player was Ryan MacPherson. Anders Hansson was a disappointment, however. The match ends 4 - 1.
My favourite minute of this game was the one where the oppositions forward got a yellow, I scored and he got another yellow and was sent off

4-1 against 4th place man. MoS and AIM paid off for me. His whole team was Solid except wretched midfield and passable left defence. I had a poor midfield (my first non-wretched midfield) and I played 3-4-3. Bloody good game, my second league win so far

Melifluous
It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote