View Single Post
Old 27-01-2005, 11:00   #6
Socrates
Emperor

Some here are eager to compete ! Why not ? Though CDZ will always be something else than just a ladder site (despite its initial purpose, or so I think it was).

I'd certainly take part in such a thing, Kingreno, if it wasn't for what I pointed out : a tourney is very difficult to set up for PBEMs. They take a lot of time, people go on holiday, lose Internet connection for a while, have RL problems, etc... A tourney would take a lot of time to end, so we would need to set up a time limit for games or number of turns per week. Quite tricky, when you know that many players here like to play without time restrictions.

Something else : Civ4 will kick in in less than one year. Maybe we should think of a really solid project like this for Civ4, for 2006 ? The good thing is that everyone will be newbies again (not entirely, but in a way, yes), whereas now we already know the strong players and the very strong players (yes, CDZ only has strong players at least ). I'd fear to play guys like Kemal, Markstar or akots in the 1st round...

A good idea would be to propose many different projects of all kinds, to eventually pick up the best one. But the ladder as it is isn't satisfactory for me.