View Single Post
Old 27-01-2005, 01:44   #2
Socrates
Emperor

Good question. Though I don't find it important to find a solution to something that didn't receive much attention last year, I hope we can state on this by the time Civ4 is out (like many other things, I'd like Civ4 to refresh everything and everyone).

My opinion is that I now personally don't care about CDZ's ladder. I find it a bit odd because you get points based on your current position (like in chess tourneys), but PBEMs take months to complete, so there is a flaw here that I've already pointed out to ProPain. Speaking of him, he told me that the ladder wasn't going to receive any further attention, at least in the near future, but that was months ago...

As for me, I'm keeping track of my PBEMs in my forum, and that's much better like this. I guess we play too few games to have a real exciting ladder, and so that suits online gaming much, much more.

If we come to a very simple system where you can easily look at all games that were played in one place, without the scoring stuff, just wins and losses, then I'm for it. My wish is just to keep track, not to evaluate how I play.